Wait… from who?
You probably don’t think of LinkedIn when you think of online photography classes, but you might if I said “Lynda.com” – the site that was acquired and merged into the LinkedIn Learning brand.
Lynda had a bunch of great photography classes from real photo pros, and those same folks now have their material available as part of LinkedIn Learning. You’ll find those instructors as well as new ones with an oft-updated catalog of material. I bet they cover a lot of the 103 things I think a photographer should know.
Since so many of us have had clients cancel and have some time on our hands, here’s a great deal:
Sign up for a free trial of LinkedIn Learning and you have 30 days to check out all their courses (photography or otherwise).
This post contains affiliate links; if you register for a free trial I receive a referral fee.
Here’s what’s caught my eye when it comes to photo education.
Capture & Creativity
- Creative Photography Techniques with fine art photographer Justin Reznick
- Mirrorless 4K Cameras for Video Production with Director of Photography James Ball and photographer Richard Harrington
- Photographing for Compositing in Photoshop with digital imaging expert Seán Duggan
- Portrait Photography: Ten Styles with One Light with photographer Levi Sim
- Lightroom Classic: Tips and Quick Fixes with photographer Richard Harrington
- Lightroom Classic CC Essentials with photographer Chris Orwig
- Photoshop 2020 Essential Training: The Basics with master Adobe educator Julianne Kost
- Photoshop 2020 New Features with design educator Deke McClelland
- Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together with Jan Kabili of Adobe
- Photos for macOS Essential Training with photographer and educator Derrick Story
- Capture One Pro 20 Essential Training with photographer and educator Derrick Story
- Copyright for Photographers with Photo Attorney Carolyn Wright
- Copyright for Photographers: Rights and Releases with Photo Attorney Carolyn Wright
There are thousands of additional classes on a wide range of subjects… even just for photography there are hundreds more. Gear, software, creativity, business… there’s plenty to explore.
If you have some free time, and thanks to COVID-19 that seems to apply to just about everyone right now, the 30-day trial is a great deal as you can explore as many of the online photography classes as you want during that time at no cost.