Stuck searching for blog topics for photographers?
Bookmark this list of blog topics for photographers and reference it periodically to jog some inspiration. Although clients and the public don’t follow blogs the same way they used to, blogging is still a fantastic way to provide fresh information on your website, which remains very important for search engine optimization.
Keep your audience in mind as you consider photography blog topics. The general public (and your clients) don’t care about the gear itself… they only care about what you can do with the gear. If your blog’s audience is primarily other photographers… go wild with the gear. Either way, let’s get on with the list of blog topics for photographers!
Clients / Business Blog Topics
- Write about how you recently created a photo with a client to help them capture a special moment
- Write about how your photo helped a client’s business
- Have your client write about how awesome you are
- Share how you’re different than your competitors
- How might things go wrong, and how do you deal with it?
- How a client can best prepare for a particular type of shoot
- Write about what sort of photography you don’t do, and why
- Share a few things that make a client a good fit for you
- Share a few things that would make a client a bad fit
- Interviews with vendors in complementary businesses
- Behind-the-scenes photos or videos
- Why you’re a member of a professional organization (PPA, ASMP, etc)
- Why you’re not a member of such an organization
- Showcase images featuring one of your vendor partners (florist, caterer, etc)
- Write about what sorts of things are in your contract (and why)
- Show an example of how a client is using your image
- Explain how a client should choose a photographer in your niche
- Explain how the fact that you’re an experienced photo veteran (or how you bring fresh new eyes)
- Write about how you handle licensing and rights management
- Why do you sell prints vs. digital files (or both)?
- When (and how far in advance) to plan for photography in advance of holidays
- How do you determine what size print is appropriate for a wall or display?
- Share some frequently asked questions (and answers) that you get from prospective clients
- Write a post thanking a local vendor, business, or person who has helped your photography ventures
- Share a story of something funny that happened on a photoshoot
- Explain why, based on your pricing, your clients get more value than they pay for
Creativity and Inspiration Blog Topics for Photographers
- Share a photo every day
- Share a photo of the same thing every day (photographed in different ways)
- Show how your vision has evolved over months or years
- Share images from a genre you’ve never shared
- Talk about recovering from a shooting mistake
- Show an example of a horrible image you’ve made, and what it taught you
- Share your most unusual family vacation photo
- Write about how a photo relates to some music
- Write about how a photo relates to a book you’ve read
- How often do you photograph, and why?
- Give your camera to your young kid, and have them make a photo of you. Write about what they said about the picture
- Share a photo that folks seem to love but that doesn’t do much for you
There’s more – unlock everything below!
What are some other blog topics for photographers that I’ve missed? Leave a comment below to help others!