You can make great photos if you step outside.
It’s summer, which often means getting outdoors. We know there are a ton of photographic opportunities once you’ve left your house, including landscapes, macro, and the sky. But good photos will only come to those with the knowledge.
CreativeLive has partnered with Olympus to present three days of outdoor photo education starting this Wednesday, August 14th.
Like all CreativeLive classes, you can watch them for free live, or purchase a ticket to watch them later at your own pace.
CreativeLive is an affiliate partner and I may receive compensation for the links in this article
Wednesday August 14th
- 9:00am (Pacific Time): Macro Photography: Insects and Plant Life – Chris McGinnis offers a workshop for beginners who want to learn how to get up close and create amazing images of the smaller things in nature.
- 1:00pm (Pacific Time): Olympus Lenses: the Complete Guide – if you’re in the Olympus ecosystem (or one with compatible lenses), you ought to know what’s out there and how it can be used!
Thursday August 15th
- 9:00am (Pacific Time): Beginner’s Guide to Bird Photography – creating stunning avian images is a lot more than pointing the camera and clicking the shutter button. Learn from Ben Knoot about how to capture our feathered friends for pleasing photographs.
- 12:30pm (Pacific Time): Image Critique – Peter Baumgarten and Ben Knoot review images so that we can all learn.
- 1:00pm (Pacific Time): Olympus E-M1X Fast Start – Get up and running with Olympus’ flagship camera that brings a bunch of pro features to a micro 4/3rds body.
Friday August 16th
- 9:00am (Pacific Time): Beginner’s Guide to Astro Landscape Photography – Peter Baumgarten helps you learn about the stars, the moon, and how to incorporate them into your photos for stunning landscape images.
- 1:00pm (Pacific Time): Landscape Photography: Capturing Adventure – Ryan Resatka wants you to succeed with landscape photography, and he’ll help you learn how to plan, scout, and equip your photographic ventures into the outdoors.
If you want to RSVP for the Step Outside series, just hit that link. You can always check out individual classes above as well.
Happy outdoor photo-ing!